Infrastructure & Transportation
- Automotive Sales & Marketing Business
- Automobility Business
- Construction & Mining Systems Business
- Social Infrastructure Business
- Global Power Infrastructure Business
Infrastructure & Transportation Business Division historically operates in the following business areas in Russia & CIS region: Infrastructure and Transportation & Construction Systems. Our advantage lies in well-established partnership with top Japanese manufacturers, service providers and financial institutions, as well as professional expertise in implementing complex projects in emerging and developing markets.
This long-established business line has evolved from supply of Japanese machinery & equipment - to realization of industrial infrastructure and power plant EPC projects. A recent example in this line is the launch of the construction of a 400MW gas-turbine power plant in Turkmenistan under EPC full turn-key contract signed with support of our team in 2015. Press release.
We are also engaged in railway business as a solutions provider and supplier.
Transportation & Construction Systems
This is another well-established business line with distributorship and dealership business at its core. Affiliated companies in Russia & CIS region are engaged in:
- Dealership of Toyota vehicles in the Russian Far East (Summit Motors Vladivostok/Khabarovsk) and Ukraine (Summit Motors Ukraine);
- Toyota vehicles distributorship in Ukraine (Toyota Ukraine) and Central Asian countries of Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan & Tajikistan (Toyota Central Asia);
- Komatsu construction & mining machinery sales & maintenance in selected regions of Russia (Sumitec International) and all of Ukraine (Sumitec Ukraine);
- Distributorship of Dunlop tires in Russia & CIS region (Dunlop Tire CIS).
We also support export of Subaru vehicles to Kazakhstan & Azerbaijan.
New business development
We strive to be ahead of changes in our historical markets and are focusing on the ways to transform our existing businesses with help of new mobility technologies (Connected, Autonomous, Shared, Electric, C.A.S.E.) and new business models (concessions). We are constantly in search for potential partners with disruptive solutions emerging in Russia & CIS, which have synergetic potential for strengthening Sumitomo Corporation global product chain.