Vision of the Human Resources We Seek
On the basis of the value standard defined by the Management Principles and Activity Guidelines of the Sumitomo Corporation Group, we have set out the nine core behaviors of the SC VALUES, which all employees are expected to share and practice. Sumitomo Corporation is seeking human resources who have a clear vision and strong commitment, as well as demonstrate leadership at their respective levels of the organization, through the practice of the SC VALUES. We also seek professionals who can take responsibility for what they do, display a broad spectrum of knowledge and a high level of expertise in a particular area, and achieve superior performance.
- 1. Integrity and Sound Management
- To comply with laws and regulations, while maintaining the highest ethical standards.
- 2. Integrated Corporate Strength
- To create no boundaries within the organization; always to act with a company-wide perspective.
- 3. Vision
- To create a clear vision of the future, and to communicate to share it within the organization.
- 4. Change and Innovation
- To accept and integrate diversity in values and behavior, and to embrace change as an opportunity for action.
- 5. Commitment
- To initiate, own and achieve organizational objectives.
- 6. Enthusiasm
- To act with enthusiasm and confidence, and to motivate others through such action.
- 7. Speed
- To make quick decisions and act promptly.
- 8. Human Development
- To fully support the development of others' potential.
- 9. Professionalism
- To achieve and maintain high levels of expertise and skills.
Recruiting Personnel Who Will Lead Global Development
As a global business, we seek talented personnel who are able and eager to work in the global business arena. To this end, we conduct fair, non-discriminatory recruitment activities with respect for fundamental human rights. Specifically, we apply the same screening process to all employee candidates, irrespective of their gender, academic background, or nationality, and our selection criteria consist only of applicants’ aptitudes and abilities. As part of our human resource strategy, in addition to new graduates, we regularly recruit mid-career employees to secure capable personnel who contribute to operations immediately.
Number of New Employees and Breakdown
Promoting Employment of the Disabled: Sumisho Well Support
In 2014, we established Sumisho Well Support Co., Ltd., as a special subsidiary company. Currently, 18 employees are engaged in a variety of jobs, including business card production, data entry operations, and office paper recycling. Through this subsidiary, we promote the employment of the disabled. As of June 1, 2016, the employment rate of the disabled was 2.13%* of our workforce, above the 2.00% statutory level.
* Total for the Company on a nonconsolidated basis and Sumisho Well Support Co., Ltd.