Key Social Issue
Respect for human rights
Respecting the human rights of everyone involved
in our business activities and supply chain as
part of our corporate social responsibility
Respect human rights through all of our businesses and supply chains
Promote and ensure respect for human rights in accordance with the United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights and Sumitomo Corporation Group's Human Rights Policy
- By 2023, achieve 100% participation rate in human rights education based on the Guiding Principles, and 100% implementation rate in regional organizations and subsidiaries.
- Strengthen risk analysis in human rights due diligence to accurately assess risks in all businesses, including the supply chain, and implement risk mitigation measures by 2025. Establish a more effective grievance mechanism based on assessment results.
Ensure a safe workplace environment
- Strengthen efforts to achieve zero accidents at major business workplaces, focusing on manufacturing, processing, and projects involving large-scale construction.
Achieve a diverse organization grounded in mutual respect
- Provide a safe working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
- Promote human resources management that enables individuals to demonstrate their abilities regardless of nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other attributes or values.