Chemicals and Electronics Group
plastics, fine and specialty chemicals, and inorganic chemicals. The Group is comprised of two units, the Life Science Unit and the Basic Chemicals & Electronics Unit. The Life Science Unit also handles medical and pharmaceutical related products, and oversees SCOA’s investment interest in the Hartz Mountain Corporation which manufactures, purchases, and distributes pet supplies, treats, and small animal edibles and accessories.
Within the Life Science Unit, the Company conducts business in the pet care supply, agroscience, medical science and cosmetics industries.
- Pet Care: invests in companies that manufacture and sell animal health products to over-the-counter and veterinary markets.
- Agroscience: Sales of agrochemical products.
- Medical Science: Sales of raw material for pharmaceutical products and license support for bio pharmaceutical companies.
- Cosmetics: Distribution of raw materials for cosmetic products.
The Basic Chemicals and Electronics Unit is involved in coating materials, electronics, plastics, inorganic and organic chemicals industries.
- Inorganic: Export of Inorganic chemicals such as magnesium oxide and modified starch
- Organic: Sales of organic chemical such as benzene, styrene and olefins.
- Specialty: Sales of raw materials for pigment, coatings, toner, thermal paper and rubber materials.
- Electronics: Sales and manufacturing of electronics materials for semiconductors.
Products & Services
Intermediates for dyestuffs and pigments
Pet care products
Worldwide and domestic trade
Raw materials purchase for U.S. export.
Coordinate and invest in manufacturing projects.
Market new uses for specialty products
Coordinate licensing arrangements for new technology and/or chemical compounds
Branches & Subsidiaries
New York (Headquarters)
300 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10017
Houston, TX 77024
Sumitomo Corporation of Americas
6100 Center Drive, Suite 1000
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Subsidiary & Affiliate Contacts:
The Hartz Mountain Corporation
400 Plaza Drive
Secaucus, NJ 07094
Home Page: http://www.hartz.com
635 Pierce Street
Somerset, NJ 08873
Home Page: http://www.presperse.com
Formulation business for personal care industry and technology provider for skin care and color cosmetics
Ford Motor Company
McGlaughlin Gormley King
S.C. Johnson & Sons
Uniroyal Chemical Company
To learn more about our Basic Chemicals business and to request product samples, please visit www.scoachemicals.com