Sumitomo Corporation recognizes the importance of personal information. Accordingly, we have implemented the following measures.
- We shall utilize appropriate means to protect personal information in accordance with our company rules and organizational systems.
- When collecting personal information, we will inform the customer of the intended purpose and our contact information. Such information will be acquired only to the extent necessary.
- We will utilize personal information solely for the intended purpose, and handle such personal information in an appropriate manner. We will not disclose personal information to any third parties other than those for which advance permission has been obtained, except in cases where such disclosure is legally permitted.
- We shall endeavor to keep personal information accurate and up-to-date, and shall take measures to prevent the illegal access to, or the loss, destruction, falsification or leakage of personal information.
- In the event that we entrust the handling of personal information, we shall obligate entrusted person to seek appropriate security control for personal information according to contract and we shall exercise necessary and appropriate supervision over such entrusted person.
- We shall comply with all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and any other standards with regard to the handling of personal information, and shall periodically review and improve our security control actions of personal information and policy as provided above.
April 1, 2017
Director, Executive Vice President and CCO
Policy on Handling of Customer Personal Information
Recognizing the importance of personal information provided by customers (hereinafter "Customer's Personal Information"), we, Sumitomo Corporation, manage this information as described below to handle it properly.
Purposes for utilization of personal information
We utilize Customer's Personal Information within the necessary scope for achieving the following purposes. We will not utilize Customer's Personal Information for purposes other than the following without the advance consent of the customer.
- For provision to customers of our products and services
- For provision to customers of information about our products and services
- For research and development leading to new products and services
Provision of personal information to a third party
We will not, except in cases where legally permitted, provide Customer's Personal Information to a third party without the advance consent of the customer.
Security Control Action
We shall take actions to keep Customer's Personal Information accurate and up-to-date, and to prevent illegal access to the Customer's Personal Information as well as loss, destruction, falsification, or leakage.
Entrusting the handling of Customer's Personal Information
In the event that we entrust the handling of Customer's Personal Information, we shall obligate such entrusted person to take appropriate security control according to contract and we shall exercise necessary and appropriate supervision over such entrusted person.
Jointly utilizing of personal information
We will jointly utilize the Customer's Personal Information as indicated below, within the scope of the purposes for such jointly utilization stipulated below.
- Personal data that can be jointly utilized:
- Company name, affiliation, position, name, address, telephone number, fax number, email address
- Person who can jointly utilize:
- Sumitomo Corporation Group companies that are indicated on the list
- See the linked list for details(PDF/33KB)
- Purpose for the person who jointly utilize:
- For provision to customers of products and services related to our business and of information about those products and services, and for research and development of new products and services
- Name or appellation of person responsible for controlling the jointly utilized personal data:
- Sumitomo Corporation
Observance of laws and review of policies
We shall observe all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and any other standards related to the handling of Customer's Personal Information, and shall periodically review and improve our policies as provided above.
Handling of personal information specific to products and services
We may in some cases separately stipulate handling of Customer's Personal Information, such as purpose for utilization, individually for specific products or services provided by us.
Disclosure, correction, and ceasing utilization of personal information
When requests are made by customers for disclosure, correction, or ceasing use of their own personal information, we shall endeavor to handle the requests properly and promptly upon confirming the identity of the customer. Please note that in response to such requests for disclosure, etc., we may ask the customer to present documentation confirming identity (driver license, passport, etc.).
Please use the contact information below for making requests to us for disclosure, etc. of Customer's Personal Information, as well as for inquiries involving complaints or consultation.
- Sumitomo Corporation Personal Information Inquiries
- Corporate Communications Department, Sumitomo Corporation
3-2 Otemachi 2-Chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-8601, Japan
Handling of Personal Information on This Website
A record of accesses to this site is automatically kept in access logs. This is done solely for statistically analyzing use of this site for the purpose of improving site usability. No customer's personal information is stored in the logs.
Handling of personal information on other websites
We cannot be responsible for personal information protection by other sites linked to from this site. Please confirm the policies of each site.